Friday, July 29, 2011

Awards Assembly 2011


Getting his award for Student Council.
Getting his Citizenship Award
Brock and Mrs. Walsh

Brock had his final awards assembly this year at our elementary school. Every year they do an assembly to award the kids in grades 3-5 for all their hard work in different areas. Brock got awards for his Accelerated Reading, Student Council, Honor Roll, 50 Pacer Club, and the Presidential Fitness Award. Those were the awards that we were very happy with but then the big awards came at the end. Each year the classes vote on citizenship awards. This is based on character and just being an all around good person and Brock got the award this year!!!!!! Then it was down to the Presidential Award of Academic Excellence. In both classes there were only 2 kids that met the requirements!!! A few years back after watching other kids get this award Brock told me "I'm going to get that someday mom that is my goal" I knew if he tried he could do it but after they said only two kids total qualified my stomach started to turn I was really nervous for him. This is the kid that was crushed when he got a B because he was sure it took him out of the running. They announced the names and HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so proud of him and all his hard work!!!!!!!! So glad to have all the grandparents there to see him get this award he was really excited!!!

No comments: