Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Memories

One year ago tonight we were telling the boys the news that they would maybe be getting a little sister. I remember how excited they were and then we told them NO ONE could know about it. We never dreamed they could keep the secret but they did! They recorded a little greeting for the birth mom that we would show her the next day. I remember being so scared that it was all going to fall through again like it had in the past. We flew out on Wednesday at 10:30am not knowing exactly what God had in store for us! We got there around 1ish and started to find our way to Athens. Which we quickly learned was home to the Georgia Bulldogs! We checked into our room, called the boys and told them we made it, and we were on our way to meet the birth mom for supper. We got to Applebee's. I was so nervous I was sick. Tim grabbed my hand and in we went. We went in to meet the wonderful young lady that would give birth to our daughter the next day. I was/am so amazed by her and the strength she had that night. We laughed, ate, and got to know a little more about one another. One thing was very clear she loved her little girl more than anyone will ever know. She had more courage than I will ever see again. She watched the video greetings from the boys and then we went our separate ways. The next day would change our lives forever.......................

This was Brock's crazy video to Melinda. He was so excited and was such a nut that night. He did do one where he was calm after this one. We showed her the calm one first then the goofy one to show her how Brock really is. Bryson's was much more calm. I am so upset I can't find his anywhere. I am hoping it is on the video camera, or a CD somewhere. Enjoy!

1 comment:

John and Heather said...

Precious! I was brought to tears going back a year ago with you. God is so good and soooo AMAZING! I wonder if I'll ever stop being amazed at God being God:) I'm so happy for your beautiful family and your beautiful, sassy daughter hand picked just for you. Praising God with you!

Heather